This video is decently long, but if you’re a horror game fan, absolutely worth the watch. The fascinating concept is for a game that would change as it discovers your fears, be they spiders, darkness or maybe strange faces in the shadows!
The game isn’t a reality yet, but creator Michael Chiniquy has included his contact info at the end of the video for those with ideas.
Holy shit this is awesome. I hate scary games, but I’m kind of a horror/slash-em-up movie person, so this is pretty cool. That last part of the “demonstration” was pretty neat, too; never would have imagined a scary face “startling” someone into that pit. Very clever gameplay :U
This is stunningly brilliant idea. I love the face and the pit - the concept of the player being so scared that they can’t think straight and fall into pits or run out into the path of an enemy or otherwise do themselves in is just…it’s phenomenal, and would be an amazing gaming element. A great example of purely fear-based gameplay.
THE THING IS that a game like this could either be incredibly innovative or a gigantic flop. The intentions are good, and the demo has a lot of good ideas, but pulling off this idea correctly means the entire devo team needs to know the ins and outs of the nature of fear. There needs to be more research into what scares people and WHY - I imagine this game would benefit even more by having a psychologist play advisor, or at least sitting down with one and letting them talk about the topic.
I also can’t emphasize enough that THIS NEEDS TO STAY SUBTLE AND MINIMALISTIC FOR THE FULL EFFECT. One of the main pitfalls I see with “”“”“scary”“”“” games is that there’s too much going on. Gameplay is too complicated, there’s too many enemies (part of the beauty of Amnesia is that there are only two enemies - it’s less to have to think about, leaving more space for the player to flounder around in a constant state of “scared shitless”), combat is unnecessarily complicated and/or made an issue in the first place (I’m really, really big on not being able to fight things in horror games - a sense of helplessness is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT in making a game successfully scary), among other things.
I really do hope this game gets to development, because it’s an incredibly innovative idea! There’s an amazing amount of possibilities here, and I imagine you could even update the engine with MORE fears via software updates or DLC or something. Crazy stuff!
reblogging this for later omg
Sob I finally watched this. The concept behind it is really interesting and the face made me cry. But this looks really cool to play.
- raasu reblogged this from yummymeats
- bookwormism101 likes this
- merrymack likes this
- slimmeroo likes this
- agentfrancisyorkmorgan likes this
- crankymuse likes this
- spaecwarier reblogged this from sprech4
- snoca likes this
- girldoesnothing reblogged this from sprech4
- mechacockzilla likes this
- sprech4 reblogged this from dantessa and added:
- dream-zanarkand likes this
- zdunich reblogged this from 8ite-me
- 8ite-me reblogged this from jammies-and-chips
- altairi likes this
- exodus-stratos reblogged this from sogeekchic
- vonnabeee likes this
- snow-runt likes this
- bellossam reblogged this from sogeekchic
- plumcakedx reblogged this from redinternet
- plumcakedx likes this
- redinternet reblogged this from sogeekchic
- retrokittehh likes this
- theycallmeclementine likes this
- silverlinednightmares reblogged this from silenthill1999
- silenthill1999 reblogged this from fuckyeahsurvivalhorror
- silenthill1999 likes this
- yachumi likes this
- placid-heartbeat reblogged this from nogoodturkey
- maidoftimemegido reblogged this from useless--drivel
- withinhisrealm reblogged this from typette
- imperial-tier reblogged this from bacondave
- koipatches likes this
- niallhahahoran likes this
- windy8oy likes this
- pimpmast3rn3p3ta reblogged this from bacondave
- turntechtsunderehead likes this
- bacondave reblogged this from chillaxton
- solluxcaptor likes this
- capriquarians reblogged this from chillaxton
- failedtextpost likes this
- chillaxton reblogged this from magicalslowpoke
- dualltime reblogged this from dreamersollux
- chillaxton likes this
- outerinside likes this
- youjustgotsarged reblogged this from sparky-sparkerson
- lynthehuman likes this
- sofiahendrick likes this
- charlottescheesecakefactory reblogged this from homestucksanonomous